Charges Against B & E Suspect to be Dismissed

From http://www.wcnc.com, October 2, 2013

Charges may be dismissed against a Charlotte teenager accused of breaking into a home last week.

Police arrested 18-year-old Milton Dunlap after a pursuit last Tuesday.

Charges against B & E suspect to be dismissed

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department says they originally arrested Dunlap based on probable cause. A state trooper involved in the pursuit said he saw Dunlap jump from the vehicle in the chase and run into nearby home.

Police now say the trooper misidentified Dunlap.

Dunlap’s family has insisted the charges are baseless from the beginning. The police department says the family has presented information showing Dunlap was not involved in the case. Officers requested Wednesday for the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office to dismiss the charges.

Police are still investigating.

Advertisements
Published in: on October 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://scp09.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/charges-against-b-e-suspect-to-be-dismissed/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: